Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lizards and Labor

A couple of nights ago, I decided that I HAD to clean out Lion's pet lizard's cage.  It does not get done often enough and definitely is not one of my favorite tasks!  However, I am always the one that does it.  Lion is too short to reach it well enough to clean it out (and I am pretty sure it would be even more disgusting if he tried). Jeremy is terrified of the little green gal and won't even feed her.  Even though Jeremy is our normal pooper scooper, in charge of stopped up toilets and cat accidents, he refuses to deal with the lizard.

In the past, I have been very careful to watch where "Spidey" is while the cage lid is open.  But she has never tried to escape before so this time I got careless.  And Oh did I wish she had NOT jumped out of that cage!  I tried to grab her before she jumped off of the outside of the glass, but those little suckers are fast!  So the chase pursued across Lion's room, out the door, and into the kitchen.  At this point I had to crawl on my hands and knees (Yes, 8 months pregnant) across the kitchen floor swiping at Spidey as she ran as fast as she could.  Jeremy was SO helpful with his pointing this direction and that, saying "Its going that way...there it is...you're going to miss it!"  After having to move chairs from around the table and Lion crawling under the table (and whacking his head on the way) to scare her toward me, I finally got her trapped in a corner and caught her.

Needless to say, I could barely walk later that night.  That was the fastest I have moved in several months (much less crawled).  It did NOT send me into labor, luckily.  But I sure felt like it could have.  Spidey is safe and sound back in her cage.  Lion is happy she is Ok.  I am happy not to get blamed for her destruction, and Jeremy is happy she is not loose in the house with the possibility of popping up unexpectedly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment