Thursday, March 3, 2011

Funny at Five

My sweet little Monkey is getting so big and can't wait to start kindergarten.  She thinks she is 15 instead of 5 and sometimes acts like it.  She is highly concerned about what she is going to wear each day and she can be heard saying, "Mom, are you even watching Koala?"  In which my relply is always, "Yes, I can manage to make sure she is safe...the same way I did with YOU and you are still alive!"  She loves helping do "big" chores like laundry and cleaning bathrooms, although getting her to clean her room is a nightmare.  The other day she was just dying to put the laundry from the washer into the dryer.  After telling her she was not quite tall enough and listening to all the reasons why she WAS big enough,  I gave up and gave her a stool.  After all, if she wants to do the laundry, my aching pregnant back could use the break.  After she had been in there for at least 10 minutes I went in to make sure everything was Ok.  She quickly said, "Mom, it is OK.  I couldn't quite reach the stuff on the bottom with the stool, but this works just fine."



She was grabbing socks and such with her toes....Monkey! 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have a 5 year old too! She is getting so excited for kindergarten as I'm sure yours is too!

    ReplyDelete