Sunday, February 13, 2011

Catching Up!

When I started doing this blog I intended to post at least once a month, which really shouldn't be that hard.  But, much like the many other things that never get done, I have failed at being consistent.  You see, if it does not scream, cry, whine, ask, beg, or demand, then I may not get around to it!  I have too many that DO those things to have time  for the ones that are silent.  The same reason I kill plants...they make no noise!  The dishes and laundry pretty much stay done because I like to eat and prefer for the family not to stink.  The clean laundry rarely makes it past the couch though.

So....I have some catching up to do.  I'll start with holidays.  Good ole holidays!  I truly love getting together with family and watching the relationships that my kids are building with cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles.   

Even though Halloween is not one of those "get together" kind of holidays, there are so many fun memories and traditions that I love.  I can't go without carving pumpkins on Halloween.  It was one of my favorite things when I was little.  Of course, the kids would probably say the candy is the best thing, but I think once they are grown they will remember carving pumpkins together, picking out a costume, and the excitement of the season.



Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday!  It is all about being thankful and getting together with people that you love. Not to mention all of the eating...any holiday with the excuse to eat and eat...and eat is high on my list.  This Thanksgiving my family all came to our house.   I had tons of fun!  I don't know how comfortable everyone else was with all 17 of us crammed in this little house.  But, what I love about my family is that doestn't matter.  Our time together is precious even if you have to find a place to park it on the floor for hours while you watch Auburn beat Alabama and then don't feel your butt for the next couple of hours!  And we still love being together even if the kids barely fit around the kitchen table and the rest of us basically sit in each others laps at fold-out tables in the living room!
(I think we can fit at least one more, don't you?)

(Yes, that is an Auburn fan lovin on an Alabama fan! It happens.)


Christmas is also such a fun and special time.  The excitement and anticipation that the kids have are priceless!  Also, seeing them start to understand the true meaning of Christmas is enough to bring tears to a mothers eyes.  One thing that we have started as a tradition is making a birthday cake for Jesus and singing "Happy Birthday" first thing Christmas morning.  Of course, the kids love it because they get to eat cake for breakfast!  But, hopefully this along with many other Christmas traditions will help us all to be thankful that Jesus came!



Here are a few more random pics of Christmas.  We also got to see Jeremy's family for Christmas, which was tons of fun.  Thank you Grandma for keeping the kids a few extra days!  Jeremy and I got to take a little vacation in celebration of 10 years of marriage!!!  It is so nice to know that my kids are well taken care of and of course, having fun with cousins, while we are gone.








That brings us to the New Year, so now I am only 2 months behind!  I will keep catching up...hopefully.  After all, when April gets here I will have one more thing that cries to keep up with.  Until then...maybe I can add a few extra posts in here and there! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! At this rate, we'll get to hear all about the baby when he's a year old! :) Kidding! I'm just happy you're blogging! And you will be too, when we're old and gray. Remind me to show you a pic I just found of L and M. Soo sweet.

    ReplyDelete